Summer is here and the time is right to eat Salad. The Summer heat can drive anyone nuts in the kitchen so why not have a simple refreshing meal. You'll love Coqui The Chef's new recipe.
Try it out today!!
According to Wikipedia, the United States popularized salads in the late 19th century and other regions of the world adopted them throughout the second half of the 20th century. Interesting, eh?
Romaine Summer Salad with Grilled Cajun
- 1 bag of Romaine lettuce or a head of Romaine lettuce
- 2 carrots (julienne)
- 10 radishes (thin sliced)
- 2 apples (preferably Granny Smith)
- 10-15 dates cut in small pieces
- 3 lemons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 hand full of toasted walnut cut into small pieces
- some croutons
Mix the lettuce, carrots, radishes, apples, dates, salt and pepper together. Then cut and squeeze the lemons (adding lemon juice), add olive oil and mix. Top the salad with toasted walnuts and croutons.
Grilled Cajun Chicken preparation:
- 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp of dry oregano
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 to 3 sprig of thyme
- 2 to 3 sprig of rosemary
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp of salt (add it 1 minute before you grill the chicken)
- 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 chicken breast (butterfly cut)
Mix all the ingredients together except for the salt. Marinate the chicken and keep in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Take out the chicken let it set to room temperature before grilling. Then add the salt and grill it until the chicken's breast internal temperature is 160 degrees.