Bring a bit of summer to your living room with an indoor picnic. Spread a blanket on the floor and pretend you're somewhere warm and sunny while you enjoy your meal.
Ingredients for the coconut rice:
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup of white rice/brown rice
- 1/4 coconut milk (recommend Silk Pure Coconut Milk)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Tip: garnish with toasted coconut flakes
Rice: combine water, coconut milk, coconut oil add salt, bring to boil (medium heat) add the rice. Stir, reduce heat and cover. Cook for 12 to 20 minutes. Garnish with toasted coconut flakes and serve.
For toasted coconut flakes:
Turn oven to 325 degrees.
Lay the coconut flakes on a baking sheet, making sure they are in a single layer. Place the baking sheet into the oven for approximately 5 minutes. Check on the flakes periodically, in order to achieve the level of toasting you want.
Remove the flakes from the baking sheet, as the heat from the sheet will continue to toast the coconut
Grilled Cajun Chicken preparationIngredients:
- 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp of dry oregano
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 to 3 sprig of thyme
- 2 to 3 sprig of rosemary
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp of salt (add it 1 minute before you grill the chicken)
- 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 chicken breast (butterfly cut)
Mix all the ingredients together except for the salt. Marinate the chicken and keep in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Take out the chicken let it set to room temperature before grilling. Then add the salt and grill it until the chicken's breast internal temperature is 160 degrees.
- 1 1/2 cups onion (sliced half moons)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 whole red pepper (sliced into strips)
- 1 whole yellow pepper (sliced into strips)