The best pizzas are made in Little Italy, New York.
The perfect place to ask: "What does the word "pizza" means?"
I visited every pizzeria in the town and asked: Miei amici, what does the word "pizza" mean?
Their answer--(my response)
- Food (really!)
- Pinch (ouch!)
- Pluck (ouch again!)
- To pound or crush (brutal!)
- Mouthful (where do they get these meanings?)
- Tomato-based pie (yummy!)
Try it with this home-made vegetarian pizza recipe. Just make sure you don't hurt anyone. LOL!
This recipe is great for parents and kids. While waiting for the pizza to cook, chat with your kids about school, nutrition and the importance of cooking at home.
Kids Vegetarian Pizza
- Flat bread
- Vegetarian mozzarella cheese
- Organic vegetable pasta sauce
- Extra Virgen Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Oregano dry herbs (preferably fresh)
- Diced 1 small onion
- Diced 1/2 tomato
- A few sliced mushrooms
- Diced 1/2 green pepper
- Diced 1/2 red pepper
- Minced 3 garlic cloves/garlic powder (optional)
- Pre-heat oven at 425 degrees
- Spread EVOO on flat bread to give it a nice golden brown crunch
- Spread Organic vegetable pasta sauce on flat bread
- Top with vegetarian mozzarella cheese
- Spread vegetables on the flat bread
- Sprinkle oregano, salt and pepper to taste
- Top with vegetarian mozzarella cheese again
- Put in oven for 15 minutes until brown
- Let cool and serve